Sunday, January 8, 2012

Butte 52: Week One - The Lookout


I've lived in Paradise for a few months now and I think it's time, for my new home and I, to get to know each other a little better. So I've decided to start a project, more of a mission. For each week in 2012, I'm going to photograph something from Paradise, Chico, or some other place in Butte County (in case you were wondering, Butte County is in the Sacramento Valley in Northern California). There are a lot of things that make this area special: beautiful parks, one of a kind eateries, local events, historical landmarks, unique shops, and incredible agriculture. I'm going to explore them all while learning to use my new camera.


I saw this under the big sign. I love that this club exists in my town. Maybe they can give me some pointers.

Paradise sits up on a hill, above the town of Chico. To get from Chico to Paradise you have to take the Skyway, a road that winds and turns as you make the slow climb up the hill.


Whenever I drive up and down the Skyway, I pass this lookout point. Well I finally stopped to look and snap some photos.


The sign calls it the "Little Grand Canyon" of Butte Creek.


There are a lot of interesting looking trees reaching out into the sky.




There are also lots of birds to keep you company or poop on your head.


I'm really excited about my project Butte 52 and learning about the area I now call home. Be sure to check back as the weeks go by to see what else I discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...