Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Butte 52: Week 6 - Red Bluff Round-Up


Ok, so the Red Bluff Round-Up is technically in Tehama County, but everyone I know in Butte County looks forward to it. It's been around since 1919. 




We tailgated out in the parking lot. Ryan and the guys cooked up some skirt steak and peppers on the tractor disc that they'd turned into a portable wok. The steak was marinated in a local favorite: Basque Norte, that's produced right here in Chico. That marinade is UH-MAZING! If you can get your hands on some, do it!


Their bodies have to twist and bend in so many crazy ways. I can't even imagine how they feel afterwards, once the adrenaline has worn off. I personally get sore just moving a heavy box in the garage.

As on edge as I am, the entire time, worrying that someone is gonna get hurt...I love watching. 



One of the last events is the Wild Ride. Eight riders from the PRCA compete, dressed in bizarre costumes. 



Guess this horse wasn't ready to put a ring on it.

Photographs by myself, Clayton Hill, and Ryan Turner

1 comment:

  1. Great Pics! Love your blog...so sorry about Patsy.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...